The idea of re-programming your garage door often fills your head with annoyance. You need to realize that it doesn’t involve rocket science, just some DIY skills paired with a bit of courage. Even if you screw up, your local experts at Cypress Garage and Gates are here for the rescue. Let’s further walk you through our guide based on 4 easy-peasy steps, along with addressing the concerns that might arise during the process.
When Do I Require Garage Door Programming?
A huge indication that your garage door needs reprogramming is that your remote stops working. But before you attempt to re-program it, examine your garage door unit to ensure no other relevant issues. Ensure the unit is securely locked and the batteries in your remote are alive. This is just because battery replacement task often slips away from our minds.
Programming Your Garage Door
Every garage door brand has its unique programming process. However, it will be easy if you are aware of any one of them as they slightly differentiate from each other.
- Ensure that the remote you’re using is from the same brand as your opener. If they don’t match, then it won’t work, as their frequencies have to match for a seamless exchange of information.
- At times, finding the LEARN button can be a task. You can look for the LEARN button on your wall unit if you can’t discover it on your remote. If you still fail, uncover the cover on your wall unit, as it can be there.
- When you locate the LEARN button, press it till it begins to flash. Then, after 30 seconds, you can press the OPEN button on your remote.
- After pressing the open button, wait until the process completes. You can then try opening and closing the door multiple times to check if it was programmed successfully.
Other Garage Door Problems Programming Won’t Fix
Some other alarming indications to go beyond programming can be:
- non-responsiveness of your garage door’s open/close function upon pressing the wall control.
- Problems with the door opener, such as slow response.
If such problems are faced during the examination, you can contact a professional garage door repair service provider to thoroughly analyze and fix the issue.
Solution for Broken Remote
Losing or breaking your broken remote is like losing access to your house. In case your remote is harmed, misplaced, or stolen, you can contact the manufacturer brand and ask for a new one. They can charge a minor fee to provide you with a new one. However, remember to wipe the old remote data from your opener’s memory before configuring a new one so your misplaced remote stops working.
Besides the convenience, checking your garage door opener’s condition will enhance your security. You can easily program it yourself, but if you suspect a serious issue with your garage door, don’t delay calling the experts at Cypress Garage and Gates. Call us at (832)-349-2189 to connect.