How Can Stop Bugs and Pests From Entering Your Garage
Your garage is practically a part of your house. It protects your vehicles, stores your items, and in some cases, acts as additional workspace.
But it can also house bugs and pests, especially during peak temperatures. These bugs and pests are looking to stay away from heat and near a water source in summers. In winter, they are looking for heat and warmth. Hence you must look for these critters across your garage and keep the area clean to avoid future infestations.
What Are Some Common Garage Pests
You might have seen pests and insects on your property. These could be flies buzzing around the house to infestations of mice or bird nests that can lead to damage to your property. These pests take shelter in your garage because they get a source of food, water, nesting opportunities, and sunlight.
Some of the bugs and pests you can find in garages are:
How Can You Keep Your Garage Safe From Insects And Pests
Once you find pests and bugs in your garage, make sure you immediately clean them and take preventive steps to ensure they do not come back. What you can do is:
- Begin with removing the critters. That is important because if you set up preventive measures to stop any new bugs from entering, what about the ones that are already there. Hence it best to call in a pest control team to remove all bugs or pests.
- Then it would help if you cleaned the complete garage. Sweep the floors, remove all the debris, replace cardboard boxes with plastic boxes, keep pet food items in airtight boxes and not in the open. Also, make sure all items are kept on wall racks and the floor as it gives the pests nesting areas. Remove any standing water and dry the space very well.
- Seal cracks and openings to prevent new pests from entering your garage.
- Some pests might still sneak in. Hence you will have to lay traps for them. You can lay traps around the entrance and spray pesticides around doors and windows.
- The final check is to ensure your garage door is strong and tight. Inspect your garage door for the gap between the weatherstripping and the garage floor, as it can invite pests.
Your Garage Door Maintenance
If you are having a challenge battling pest infestation in your garage, you suspect that your garage door is the culprit. You can call Automatic Gate Repairs Cypress, and our team of experts will inspect your garage door system and come up with a solution so your garage can be pest-free. To schedule a maintenance check, call us at 832-677-3502.