A garage door has much more to offer than just security— it is an important factor that can increase or decrease the curb appeal of your property. Therefore, you may want to consider options that are feasible, easy to fix, offer security, and more! Sliding driveway doors are among the sought-after garage door options since they offer a plethora of customizations and designs, and you can choose the one you find most suitable. But these are not all the amazing benefits of a sliding door; carry on reading to learn all that they have to offer!
Introducing Sliding Driveway Doors
Sliding garage doors come with many arrangements, and you can tailor them based on your preference. Furthermore, you can have a single large door or a pair of bi-parting doors. You can also tailor the door regarding the hardware, materials, color, and additional features.
Are Sliding Garage Doors Worth It?
If you are dubious of sliding garage doors, here are some advantages they provide that might succeed in changing your mind:
- Convenience: While there are many reasons to love a sliding garage door, the convenience it offers is unmatched! For instance, if you’re stuck in a power outage, it will not create trouble in operating the garage door. A sliding door that opens side to side will require less exertion to the up-and-down design. Plus, you can choose the manual or electric option according to your preference!
- Silent Motor: Do you despise the loud noise your traditional garage door makes? Thanks to the feature of a quiet motor, sliding garage doors will not cause this issue. This is because only slight force is required by the motor to operate the door, as the tracks are set horizontally.
- Does Not Allow Air to Escape: An advantage of sliding garage doors that many people don’t register is the fact that it prevents the inside air from escaping. You can just open the door partially to get something in a jiffy, which means less air manages to escape. This way, you can save a lot on your energy bills as the temperature inside remains intact by the outside factors. In comparison, garage doors that slide vertically may allow excessive air to escape. So, in short, a sliding door for your garage entrance might even help with heating and air conditioning bills!
- Easy to Enter & Exit: It can be pretty frustrating to open the garage door all the way just for a minor task. With overhead garage doors, you would have to duck under the partially open door. But a sliding door opens at a full height, which means no ducking and additional space for you to work with as you desire.
- Hassle-Free Fix: We usually don’t consider maintenance when purchasing a garage door. Therefore, you might overlook how easy the maintenance is. As for the repairs, they can be made faster and easier. While every door needs a fix once in a while, a sliding garage door might just be the most convenient option.
Ready to Update Your Garage Door?
Exploring garage doors for your house or office? Cypress Garage Doors & Gate can guide you to make the decision you will not regret! Talk to us now at (832) 349-2189 or make your way to visit us at 23550 Highway 290, Unit # 3, Cypress, TX 77429.