Are you looking for garage door repair services? Every now and then, garage doors could start malfunctioning. This is because frequent usage can cause wear and tear, leading to damaged garage door components. So if your garage door is acting up, you might be wondering how much the repairs will cost. In this blog, we will mention the prices of garage door repair. Carry on reading to find out.
Average Cost of Different Garage Door Repair Services
In general, garage door repair costs around $147 to $327; low-end projects could cost around $75, and high-end projects are estimated to cost around $561.The cost of garage door repair will depend on the extent of damage and which part requires the services. So to say, the price of fixing a broken cable would be different than the cost of repairing a misaligned sensor. Moreover, the company you opt for also affects the price of the service. Generally, though, you can expect the following garage door repair costs:
- Springs: Is your garage door spring broken or damaged? Repairing garage door springs could cost somewhere between $100 to $300. This includes the price of labor, materials, and more. The springs themselves cost $50 to $100.
- Cable: If your garage door has a frayed or broken cable, you will need to replace it to avoid accidents. Although springs are inexpensive, installing them involves significant time and effort. Hence, repairing garage door cables could cost around $150 to $200.
- Sensor: Misaligned or damaged garage door sensors can cause many issues. A professional can fix the issue for about $50 to $75.
- Tracks: A track that is bent or dented could cost around $125 to $150 for repairs. The contractor will have the necessary tools needed to get the garage door back on track.
- Noise: Sometimes, garage doors start screeching, grinding, squealing, or making other noises. Applying grease to lubricate the garage door might work. However, you will need a professional if it does not.
- Glass: Professionally, fixing a broken garage door glass could cost you $75, whereas the price of the glass itself might be at least $25.
- Rollers & Hinges: When your garage door rollers need repair, you might have to spend somewhere between $10 to $15 to fix each damaged roller. As for hinges, they cost about $10 apiece.
Garage Door Repair Costs Depending on Style or Material
The type or style of garage door you have will also affect the overall repair cost. For instance, sectional doors might cost you around $128 to repair. On the other hand, the cost will be $133 for professionally repairing a carriage-style door, and traditional one-panel doors cost $172.
Another thing that affects the price of garage door repair is the material. Therefore, the average price of fixing wood is in-between $190 to $215 since it is the most expensive material to repair. Furthermore, you will have to spend almost $176 to $200 to professionally repair aluminum doors. Similarly, fiberglass doors will cost you $148 to $165 if they get damaged. And if you have a steel garage door that requires repairs, be prepared to spend around $135 to $155.
Improve The Function of Your Garage Door, Today!
In short, the cost of repairing a garage door will vary depending on the damaged part, the material of the door, and the garage door style. A professional service can handle any damage and effectively eliminate the issue with your garage door. Contact Cypress Garage Doors & Gates today at (832) 349-2189 for the best garage door services. You can also visit us at 23550 Highway 290, Unit # 3, Cypress, TX, 77429.